Use Colloidal Silver Spray to Make Feminized Cannabis Seeds Like the Seed Banks Do
- You’re able to produce feminized seeds using any two female cannabis planst (even clone-only strains!)
- You can produce seeds consistently
- You can control how many seeds produced
- Easy to make hundreds of feminized seeds if needed
- You will need to find a source of colloidal silver which will be used to spray the cannabis plants as they start flowering. Your main options are: buying colloidal silver directly, buying a colloidal silver generator, or making your own simple colloidal silver generator yourself (instructions below)
- It is not safe to directly use/consume any cannabis which has come into contact with colloidal silver, though any seeds produced by a treated plant’s pollen are 100% safe.Note: Some space-starved pot farmers will use the colloidal silver to spray just the bottom branch of a cannabis plant so they can still smoke/use the rest of the cannabis buds. You can definitely do this, just be extremely careful not to get any colloidal silver spray on any part of the cannabis that you will be consuming.
To take advantage of this, you thoroughly mist a female cannabis plant with colloidal silver every day right when she enters the flowering stage, she will start growing male “balls” full of pollen. Keep misting the plants daily until you see the beginning of male pollen sacs forming, usually around 10-14 days.
The concentration of silver ions in the water actually act as an ethylene inhibitor/antagonist on the plant, which forces the plant to create male pollen sacs instead of female buds.
After the balls start forming
You need to let the sacs swell like a big empty balloon.
You will be able to tell when they are about to open because the leaf section protecting the pollen starts to crack.
At this point, simply take the pollen sacs off and place them in a cool dry place for a week and let them start to dry.
The pollen will come out if you shake them about a little, or you can also cut open the sacs to get to the pollen inside.
Use this pollen to pollinate female plants and you will get all-female seeds that are a mix of both their mothers.
This method is great because it will force almost any female cannabis plant to show male characteristics.
The one downside to this method is that it is not safe to use any cannabis that has come into direct contact with colloidal silver.
You should therefore destroy the plant after the pollen has been collected.
You will also want to ensure that you clean off any remaining traces of silver off your equipment in case you accidentally contaminate another cannabis plant with silver.
Here are the main things to keep in mind when using colloidal silver spray method:
- Make sure you spray the cannabis with a strong enough colloidal silver solution (at least 30 PPM of silver)
- Spray the cannabis thoroughly to almost drench all the parts you want to turn into pollen sacs
- Spray the cannabis regularly, at least once a day for 10-14 days, starting when you change the lights to 12-12
- Spray the cannabis with colloidal silver every day until you see signs of male pollen sacs forming. Some hardy strains may need over 2-3 weeks spraying before they ‘turn’.